Virtual Reality - Global Thematic ResearchSummary
Virtual reality (VR) immerses the user in an entirely artificial world. It can be used to play a video game, simulate a battlefield or visualise an architects imagination. Augmented reality (AR) allows the user to see the real world overlaid with a layer of digital content, such as sensor-based data, sound, video, graphics or GPS information. By contrast, mixed reality (MR) enables the user to see virtual objects integrated into the real world.
VR and MR are shaking up the world of film, television and video games. AR headsets have the potential to make workers in every industry more efficient. Indeed, AR could be hugely disruptive because, ultimately, it could displace the smartphone as the consumers main user interface with the digital world. This is why all the big technology and media companies are taking this technology so seriously.
Inside this report, we will look at the prospective merket for Virtual Reality in computing platform.Scope
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Publisher Name : GlobalData