Malaysia: Country Intelligence Report
Malaysia: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Malaysia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom services revenue in Malaysia will increase at a CAGR of 2.0% from $8.8 billion in 2018 to $9.7 billion by 2023, supported primarily by revenue growth in fixed broadband, mobile data, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data accounted for 33.8% of total telecom services revenue in 2018 and will remain the largest revenue contributing segment through 2023.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Malaysia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.Scope
- Overall revenue will increase at a CAGR 2.0% from $8.8 billion in 2018 to $9.7 billion by 2023.
- Mobile service revenue accounted for 63.5% of total telecom revenue in 2018 and mobile data segment will represent the leading revenue generating segment throughout forecast period.
- 4G represents the leading mobile service technology in Malaysia and accounted for 64.8% of the total mobile subscriptions at the end of 2018. We expect commercial 5G services to become available in 2022.
- The top three mobile operators, Digi, Maxis, and Celcom accounted for 74.5% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2018.Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Malaysias telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Malaysias mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Malaysias telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Malaysia.
Publisher Name : GlobalData