Healthtech - Thematic Research
Global healthcare industry is worth $8 trillion. At over $10,000 per capita, US healthcare spending is 30% higher than the world’s second highest spender-Switzerland-and approximately 6.5 times higher than levels in China. Because of this higher spending, the implication is that the US healthcare sector is wasteful.
There has been a surge of interest in whether or not better technology might extract greater efficiency gains. Thus far, the global healthcare industry-especially the US healthcare industry-has been slow to modernize due to the fact that the industry is complex, risk averse, and highly regulated.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is transforming the healthcare industry. Organizations are utilizing IoT technologies to access real-time data and gain visibility into their operations throughout the manufacturing value chain. For hundreds of years, the key drivers of progress in healthcare were biology and chemistry. Now, they are data science and software.
The global IoT devices market in the healthcare sector is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 47.3% from 2016 to 2020, to over $500M. One important market driver that is propelling the wider adoption of IoT in healthcare is the convergence of Big Data and IoT, which opens up significant opportunities for the industry overall. Big Healthcare is being gradually undermined by swelling networks of connected biosensors, ubiquitous mobile devices, and cloud-based healthcare apps. Collectively, these phenomena are grouped under the umbrella term, “The Internet of Healthcare Things”.
Six broad technology categories are set to transform the healthcare industry over the next two years: Genomics, Mobile Health, Health Information Technology (IT) Systems, Robotics, Virtual Reality,and 3D Printing. Unless major investment are carried out, in the long term the losers will be Big Pharma and Big Medical Equipment players. However, in the short term, the threat level for these companies is low.
The report "Healthtech - Thematic Research", is part of an ecosystem of thematic investment research reports.The report offers in-depth research intoHealthtech; identifying winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
Companies Mentioned: Qualcomm, Proteus Digital Health, Oxford, Nanopore, Medtronic, Illumina, iCarbonX, IBM Watson, Ginger.io, Fitbit, First Sensor, Enlitic, Cyberdyne, Cerner, Biovotion, BGI Shenzhen, AtomWise, Apple, Alphabet, AliveCor, Agendia, 23andMe
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
VALUE CHAIN 7
THE INTERNET OF HEALTHTECH THINGS 10
DISRUPTIVE HEALTHCARE TECHNOLOGIES 11
Mobile Health 13
Health IT Systems 14
Virtual and Augmented Reality 18
3D Printing 19
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 20
Digital Health Highlights Across Major Therapy Areas in 2017 22
Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders 24
Infectious Diseases 25
Public Companies 27
Private Healthtech Companies 29
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 30
Canada: Country Intelligence Report Canada: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Canada today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
United Arab Emirates: Country Intelligence Report United Arab Emirates: Country Intelligence Report , is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in United ArabView Report
International Wholesale Carriers: Growth Drivers & Growth Services International Wholesale Carriers: Growth Drivers & Growth Services , a global outlook report by GlobalData, lays out key international wholesale market growth drivers andView Report
Delivery Details : Electronic files (PDF) of market research reports will dispatched within 12 to 24 hours. (Mon-Fri IST)
If a particular report is not as per your requirement you can choose "Customized Report". To visit click on -Custom Research Reports