What is Brexit’s impact on global technology sector - Thematic Research Report
Brexit - the term used to refer to the UK’s planned departure from the European Union (EU) - is one of the most important and controversial political stories of recent times. Technology companies worldwide need to reformulate their strategies and progress action plans in preparation for Brexit. The rejection by Members of Parliament (MPs) of British prime minister Theresa May’s Brexit deal has left the technology industry staring at a ‘No Deal’ scenario, with potentially severe impacts on the ability of tech companies to service contracts with customers and worries over falling investment and failing competitiveness because of the ongoing political and economic uncertainty.
The report highlights five key areas as challenges that must be overcome to mitigate the impact of Brexit on the technology sector, including: securing the continued free flow of data; ensuring continued access to talent; enabling the frictionless movement of tech products and services across borders; providing alignment on rules covering digital services; and retaining access to EU funding streams.
It lists out the major milestones in the journey towards Brexit, and provides an easy-to-follow parliamentary roadmap showing how the Brexit issue is likely to develop over the coming months.
- This report summarizes five Brexit scenarios and the corresponding outlook for six tech sectors: hardware, software, internet, TV, telecoms operators and space.
- It is based on interviews with specialists on key issues in each sector.
Reasons to buy
- This report evaluates a range of possible outcomes to Brexit, all of them largely dependent on political twists and turns.
- It identifies the winners and losers from Brexit from across the global tech sector.
- It includes analysis of how Brexit will impact six tech sectors (hardware, software and services, internet, TV broadcasters, telecoms operators and space companies) and assess the impact on people, politics, economics and business of likely Brexit scenarios.
WINNERS AND LOSERS
The big global tech players have the footprint to weather the storm
The biggest loser will be UK Plc
BREXIT OUTCOME ANALYSIS
SECTOR PREDICTIONS FOR ‘BREXIT’ SCENARIOS
Software and services
BREXIT IMPACT ANALYSIS
Current State: Macroeconomic concerns
Current State: Regulatory concerns
‘Hard Brexit’ situation: Macroeconomic concerns
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Drones - Thematic Research Over the past three to four years, the rapid proliferation of consumer electronics, the emergence of cloud technologies, the declining cost of server and bandwidth usage, theView Report
Industrial Automation Scorecard - Thematic Research The world of industrial automation is being driven by improvements in (and the reduction in cost of) connectivity on one hand, and advances in artificialView Report
Consumer Electronics Scorecard - Thematic Research The overriding concern for consumer electronics companies over the next two years will be the impact on sales, profits, and global supply chains of theView Report
Delivery Details : Electronic files (PDF) of market research reports will dispatched within 12 to 24 hours. (Mon-Fri IST)
If a particular report is not as per your requirement you can choose "Customized Report". To visit -Cick Here