Big Data in Insurance - Thematic Research
Insurance is a highly data-intensive industry, making it extremely important for insurers to manage large volumes of data from both traditional and non-traditional sources. As a result, many insurers are spending significant amounts on building Big Data capabilities, finding that Big Data analytics can have an impact on nearly all insurance processes, from product development to claims management. The objective should be to identify areas where Big Data can make a difference and create value for both insurers and the insured. Technology vendors are also aware of Big Datas ability to deliver business insights. Simplification, cost reduction and revenue growth are the three key drivers behind Big Datas adoption in the insurance industry.
- This report analyses the impact of big data on the insurance industry.
- It analyses how insurers are spending significant amounts on building their big data capabilities, finding that big data analytics can have an impact on nearly all insurance processes, from product development to claims management.
- Simplification, cost reduction and revenue growth are being seen as the three key drivers behind big datas adoption in the insurance industry.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights some of the market-leading players in each category of the big data value chain.
- It identifies the main trends expected over the next two years in the big data theme.
- It provides an industry analysis, explaining how data center computing is at the heart of virtually everything done online.
- The report discusses the impact of big data on insurance through recommendations for both insurers and technology providers.
- The report explores the key segments of the big data value chain and its value to consumers and businesses.
- It offers a technology briefing, explaining how big data combines traditional data management technologies with new forms of data processing that are better suited to modern formats.
Publisher Name : GlobalData
Blockchain industry trends 5
Blockchain use case trends 6
Blockchain trends in the retail and FMCG industries 8
VALUE CHAIN 9
Asset registries 9
Financial services platforms 11
Industrial platforms 12
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 13
Permissioned DLT networks insert a degree of trust into the equation 14
Commercial blockchains are at least five years away 14
DLT faces several fundamental technical challenges 14
What are the primary use cases for blockchain technology? 15
Land registries 16
Digital fiat currencies 16
Smart grid 17
Commodity trading 17
Mergers and acquisitions 18
IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN ON RETAIL AND FMCG 21
Retail and FMCG case studies 21
Key recommendations for FMCG companies and retailers 24
Key recommendations for IT vendors 24
IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN ON PAYMENTS 25
Winners and losers in the payments sector 25
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 27
How has blockchain technology developed over the last decade? 27
How does blockchain work? 28
COMPANIES SECTION 29
Public tech and financial services companies 29
Private tech companies 31
Retail and FMCG companies 33
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 37
List Of Tables
List Of Figures
There is no reviews available for this report