3D Printing in Oil & Gas - Thematic Research
3D printing, or “additive manufacturing”, is the process of joining materials to make objects from three-dimensional model data, usually layer upon layer. In 2013, the 3D printing industry was worth $3bn, and grew to $7bn in 2017. By 2025, the 3D printing market will account for over $20bn in spend.
The 3D printing market blends software technology with materials science and the growth in interest in 3D printing technology is fueling a significant amount of R&D investment in the core technologies that make up 3D printing solutions.
Today, 3D printing is not commonly used as a replacement for volume manufacture, where the technology and materials cost means that other manufacturing approaches are more suitable. However, it is now widely used in prototyping across a number of sectors where it can significantly lower the cost of development.
This application is expected to become a vital component for industries that lean heavily toward machines, robotics, large and small equipment, and more complex components. Within an industry such as energy, oil and gas (O&G) companies find themselves at a critical stage of replacing, retrofitting, and maintaining large portions of their equipment and physical infrastructure.
Due to the nature of the operations within the oil and gas industry, many facilities, plants, and rigs are situated in remote areas and transporting spare parts or maintenance crews to them is a lengthy process. The application of 3D printing has the capabilities to address this challenge by providing quick, on-demand materials and easily replicated parts to these remote outposts.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Oil & gas industry themes 6
Technology trends 8
Macroeconomic trends 8
Regulatory trends 9
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 10
Use cases 10
Market size forecasts 12
Competitor landscape 13
Mergers and acquisitions 14
DISRUPTIVE IMPACT ON OLD ECONOMY INDUSTRIES 16
Health care 17
IMPACT OF 3D PRINTING ON OIL & GAS 20
Oil and gas case studies 20
Key recommendations for oil & gas companies 21
COMPANIES SECTION 22
Industrial 3D printer manufacturers 22
Consumer 3D printer manufacturers 23
3D printing services companies 24
Oil & gas companies 25
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 27
The eight leading 3D printing technologies 27
The Additive Manufacturing Technology Matrix 31
APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 32
Shale as a theme in Oil & Gas - Thematic Research Shale developments have appropriately been described as a revolution and are forecast to provide continued growth for decades to come.View Report
Report This report on 3D cell culture global markets and technology is a comprehensive review of the history of cell culture, current offerings and their adoption dynamics and progress, alongView Report
Delivery Details : Electronic files (PDF) of market research reports will dispatched within 12 to 24 hours. (Mon-Fri IST)
If a particular report is not as per your requirement you can choose "Customized Report". To visit click on -Custom Research Reports