Medifast, Inc. (MED) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.Highlights
Medifast, Inc. (Medifast) is a provider of clinically proven, weight management products and programs. It manufactures, distributes, and commercializes weight management, weight-loss, and other consumable health and diet products. The companys product portfolio includes a wide range of weight loss and management, meal replacement, and vitamins. It manufactures these products through an FDA approved facility in Owings Mills, Maryland, the US; and sells them through various distribution channels including internetandretail stores in the US. Medifast offers its products under Medifast, OPTAVIA, Thrive by Medifast, Optimal Health by OPTAVIA, Flavors of Home and Essential 1 brands. Medifast is headquartered in Owings Mills, Maryland, the US.
Medifast, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Aug 02,2018: Medifast reports Q2 2018 financial results
May 04,2018: Medifast reports Q1 2018 financial results
Nov 07,2017: Medifast announces Q3 2017 financial results
Aug 08,2017: Medifast announces Q2 2017 financial results
Aug 08,2017: Medifast Announces Second Quarter 2017 Financial ResultsKey benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Publisher Name : GlobalData
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Medifast, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Medifast, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Medifast, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Medifast, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Medifast, Inc. - History 10
Medifast, Inc. - Company Statement 12
Medifast, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 Company Analysis 14
Company Overview 14
Medifast, Inc. - Business Description 15
Business Segment: Medifast Direct 15
Business Segment: Medifast Weight Control Centers (MWCC) 15
Key Stats 15
Business Segment: Medifast Wholesale 15
Business Segment: OPTAVIA 16
Medifast, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 17
Medifast, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
Medifast, Inc. - Strengths 18
Medifast, Inc. - Weaknesses 19
Medifast, Inc. - Opportunities 20
Medifast, Inc. - Threats 21
Medifast, Inc. - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Medifast, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 30
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 31
Nov 07, 2017: Medifast announces Q3 2017 financial results 31
Aug 08, 2017: Medifast Announces Second Quarter 2017 Financial Results 32
Aug 08, 2017: Medifast announces Q2 2017 financial results 34
Jul 24, 2017: Take Shape For Life Rebrands to OPTAVIA 35
Mar 09, 2017: Medifast Q4 net income increases 36
Section 5 Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List Of Tables
Medifast, Inc., Key Facts 6
Medifast, Inc., Key Employees 7
Medifast, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Medifast, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Medifast, Inc., History 10
Medifast, Inc., Subsidiaries 13
Medifast, Inc., Key Competitors 22
Medifast, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 23
Medifast, Inc., Annual Ratios 24
Medifast, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 25
Medifast, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 26
Medifast, Inc., Interim Ratios 28
Medifast, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 30
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
List Of Figures
Medifast, Inc., Performance Chart (2013 - 2017) 27
Medifast, Inc., Ratio Charts 29
There is no reviews available for this report