Retailing in Hong Kong, Market Shares, Summary
and Forecasts to 2022Summary
"Retailing in Hong Kong, Market Shares, Summary
and Forecasts to 2022", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Hong Kong retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Hong Kong retail industry.
Hong Kong is one of the most service-oriented economies in the world, with the service sector contributing more than 90% of GDP in 2017. The retail sales are estimated to grow from HK$ 428.1billion in 2017 to HK$ 508.3 billion in 2022.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels.Scope
- Hong Kongs retail sales produced negative growth during 2013-2016 due to economic slow down, weakening tourism, and reducing household consumption.
- The clothing & footwear sector accounted for HK$68.6 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at 3.7% CAGR during 2017-2022.
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Hong Kong retail industry and accounted for 31.9% of total retail sales in 2017.
- The health & beauty sector is projected to produce the fastest growth, at 5.9% CAGR during 2017-2022.
- IKEA is the market leader in the home sector with 8.9% market share in 2017.
- Electricals sales are projected to improve moderately during 2017-2022 driven by a rise in minimum wages.Reasons to buy
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Hong Kong retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2012, with forecasts until 2022
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Hong Kong retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Publisher Name : GlobalData