PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Taiwan
Taiwan Provience, New Taipei City and Taichung City totaled for around 59% of total Taiwans population.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 34.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (19.4%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (17.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 4.1%, 3.4% and 3.4% respectively, in 2018.
- As per the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018, Taiwans infrastructure ranks 15th out of the total 137 nations
- Taiwan Parliament approved TWD 107.05 bn (US$3.5 bn) funds for infrastructure development in 2017
- Majority of inward FDI was towards manufacturing, financial and insurance sectors in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the countrys snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies presence in these areas.
Publisher Name : GlobalData
List of Exhibits 03
Did you Know? 04
Country Highlights 05
Country Snapshot 07
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List Of Tables
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Taiwans Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: Taiwan Stock Market Index 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2013-2017) and Greenfield Investment Project (2013-2016) and FDI Trend by Industry 2016 16
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators 19
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 23
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 23
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance 24
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance 24
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017 25
Exhibit 13: Exports of Machinery and Electrical Equipment, US$ billion, 2013-2017 25
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates 27
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate 27
Exhibit 16: Public Finance 28
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt 28
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment 30
Exhibit 19: Average Annual Wages 30
Exhibit 20: Labour Cost Index 30
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population 31
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population 31
Exhibit 23: Gender Split 31
Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017 33
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 34
Exhibit 26: Business Enterprise R&D Expenditure by Source of Funds, 2012-16 34
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in Taiwan 2018 35
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 35
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions 36
Thanks to the Macroeconomic Outlook Report by JSB, my startup got an outlook of the market potentials of Taiwan economy!