Payment Company Profile: WePay
WePay is a US-based online payment service provider that enables e-commerce platforms, marketplaces, and crowdfunding platforms to accept payments for products and services offered through their websites or mobile apps.
Founded in the US in 2008, it was expanded to Canada in 2015 and in the UK in 2016. It is now part of JP Morgan Chase after its acquisition by the latter in in October 2017. WePay has been deployed by more than 1,000 businesses globally, including online merchants, marketplaces, and platforms. Prominent brands that support WePay include GoFundMe, TouchBistro, YouCaring, Classy, Volusion, and Joist.
The solution enables clients to accept a wide range of web-based payments through bank accounts, payment cards from major scheme providers including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, as well as Apple Pay. In addition to payment processing, WePay aids online marketplaces in the onboarding of individual merchants, and managing payouts between several sellers.
In addition to online payments, the solution enables merchants to accept in-store payments via mobile point of sale (mPOS) terminals. The solution offers in-store payments in collaboration with POS provider ROAM/Ingenico. The mPOS solution enables merchants to accept chip-based, magnetic strip, and manually keyed payments.
The report provides information and insights into payment company profile WePay, including -
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key payment company profiles
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The companys important events and milestones.
- In 2008, WePay was founded in the US.
- WePay offers mPOS terminals to merchants, in collaboration with ROAM/Ingenico, enabling merchants to accept in-store payments.
- In December 2017, JP Morgan Chase completed the acquisition of WePay, which was announced in October.
- WePay was expanded to Canada in 2015 and in the UK in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into WePays business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Publisher Name : GlobalData