Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Kuwaiti Insurance Industry report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Kuwait.
It provides a detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation, and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling, and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the Scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Ministry of Commerce and Industry regulates the Kuwaiti insurance industry.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Kuwaiti insurance industry.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and liability insurance for pleasure crafts are compulsory classes of insurance in Kuwait.
- Composite insurance is permitted in the Kuwaiti insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Kuwait with few exceptions.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Kuwait, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Kuwait.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance products in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Kuwait.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Kuwait.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Kuwait.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Kuwaiti insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance products.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Health insurance for expatriates residing and working in Kuwait
2.4.2 Social Security Insurance
2.4.3 Professional indemnity insurance for insurance consultants
2.4.4 Third-party liability insurance for pleasure crafts
2.4.5 Liability insurance for oil pollution damage
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI)
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData’s Services
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Kuwait - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Kuwait - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Kuwait - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Kuwait - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Kuwait - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Kuwait - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2019
Figure 1: Kuwait - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Singaporean Insurance Industry Governance, Risk and Compliance - Singaporean Insurance Industry report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Singapore. ItView Report
Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Italian Insurance Industry Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Italian Insurance Industry report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework inView Report
Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Canadian Insurance Industry Governance, Risk and Compliance - Canadian Insurance Industry report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Canada. ItView Report
Delivery Details : Electronic files (PDF) of market research reports will dispatched within 12 to 24 hours. (Mon-Fri IST)