Competitor Profile: Global Payments
Global Payments is a global merchant acquiring and payment processing company that connects merchants directly to all major and local card schemes and alternative payment methods through its end-to-end solutions. The company enables merchants to accept payments from both online and offline channels. Launched in 1999 but with origins dating back to 1967, Global Payments offers payment services to 2.5 million merchant locations globally, enabling them to accept payments via 140 payment methods (including digital wallets, card payments, and local and alternative payment methods).
In addition to e-commerce payment acceptance for individual merchants, Global Payments offers the likes of one-click checkout and recurring billing services. The company supports domestic and cross-border transactions, enabling merchants to reach, convert, and retain more customers. For offline payments, Global Payments offers an array of traditional point-of-sale (POS) and mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) terminals to merchants in collaboration with Verifone and Ingenico. Heartland Payment Systems, a Global Payments company, offers payment acceptance through card readers and kiosks.
In May 2019, Global Payments announced its merger with card processor Total System Services for $21.5bn, the third high-value deal of the year in the payments processing space. This followed Fiservs acquisition of First Data in January and Fidelity National Services agreement to acquire Worldpay in March.
The report provides information and insights into Global Payments including -
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The companys important events and milestonesScope
- In 1967, National Data Corporation (NDC) was established in Atlanta, US.
- In 1999, NDC formed a new business segment called NDC eCommerce, which was responsible for acquiring and processing.
- In 2000-01, NDC eCommerce was renamed as Global Payments.
- In August 2014, Global Payments launched bitcoin payments in collaboration with cryptocurrency payment provider BitPay, enabling Global Payments merchants to accept payments through bitcoin.Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into Global Payments business operations and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Publisher Name : GlobalData