Alternative Payment Solution: Amex Express Checkout
Amex Express Checkout is an online payment solution developed by American Express. Launched in 2015, it allows American Express card holders to checkout faster on merchant websites and apps by using stored card details and billing addresses.
To use the service, American Express card holders need to have an online account on americanexpress.com with their card and billing details, a user ID, and a password. These details are used for making payments through Amex Express Checkout. At checkout, users need to select Amex Express Checkout and login with their user ID and password, choose their preferred card, review the order details, and confirm the payment.
Amex Express Checkout works on all web-enabled devices including desktops, mobile phones, and tablets. In the US, it is currently supported by a number of major merchants, including Walmart, Airbnb, Boxed, Staples, Sears, Grubhub, Delta Air Lines, Avis, Budget Car Rental, and Ticketmaster.
There are no charges associated with Amex Express Checkout, except for the usual interchange fees charged to merchants. American Express has partnered with payment service providers such as Stripe and Braintree, enabling easy integration of Amex Express Checkout on merchants platforms.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Amex Express Checkout, including -
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The companys important events and milestones.
- In 2015, American Express launched Amex Express Checkout for US card holders.
- Amex Express Checkout works on all web-enabled devices including desktops, mobile phones, and tablets.
- There are no charges associated with Amex Express Checkout, except for the usual interchange fees charged to merchants.
- In February 2018, American Express partnered with online and mobile food ordering company Grubhub.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into Amex Express Checkouts business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Publisher Name : GlobalData