Calpine Corporation (CPN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Calpine Corporation (Calpine) is an electric and natural gas utility. The company produces electricity and thermal energy from natural gas, geothermal, and solar sources. It uses natural gas-fired combustion and renewable geothermal conventional steam turbine technologies to generate energy. Calpine sells power and related services to wholesale customers. The company also invests in clean power generation. Calpine offers power, steam, capacity, renewable energy credits and ancillary services. It serves independent electric system operators; power marketers; industrial and agricultural companies; municipalities and other governmental entities; retail power providers; and retail commercial, industrial, governmental and residential customers in California, Texas, Northeast, and Mid-Atlantic regions of North America. Calpine is headquartered in Houston, Texas, the US.
Calpine Corporation Key Recent Developments
Feb 26,2018: Pittsburg power plant restarts full operations, reclaims title of largest in Bay Area
Jan 22,2018: Energy commission calls for revised report on Santa Paula power plant proposal
Nov 06,2017: 124-megawatt 40-turbine wind farm proposed in Broome County
Nov 01,2017: Calpine Reports Third Quarter 2017 Results
Aug 30,2017: Calpine Provides Update on Hurricane Harvey’s Impact on Southeast Texas Operations
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Calpine Corporation - Key Facts 6
Calpine Corporation - Key Employees 7
Calpine Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 9
Calpine Corporation - Major Products and Services 11
Calpine Corporation - History 12
Calpine Corporation - Company Statement 15
Calpine Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
Calpine Corporation - Business Description 20
Geographical Segment: East Segment 20
Key Stats 20
Geographical Segment: Texas Segment 20
Key Stats 20
Geographical Segment: West Segment 21
Key Stats 21
Calpine Corporation - Corporate Strategy 22
Calpine Corporation - SWOT Analysis 23
SWOT Analysis - Overview 23
Calpine Corporation - Strengths 23
Calpine Corporation - Weaknesses 24
Calpine Corporation - Opportunities 25
Calpine Corporation - Threats 26
Calpine Corporation - Key Competitors 27
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios3
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts4
Section 4 – Company’s Power Financial Deals and Alliances5
Calpine Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2012 to YTD 20185
Calpine Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2012 to YTD 20186
Calpine Corporation, Recent Deals Summary7
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments8
Nov 01, 2017: Calpine Reports Third Quarter 2017 Results8
Aug 30, 2017: Calpine Provides Update on Hurricane Harvey’s Impact on Southeast Texas Operations9
Aug 13, 2017: Southern California Edison Expands Renewable Energy Partnership With Calpine 40
Apr 28, 2017: Calpine Reports First Quarter 2017 Results, Reaffirms 2017 Guidance; Announces Cancellation of New Texas Power Plant, Replaces with 10-Year Supply Contract 41
Feb 10, 2017: Calpine Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results, Reaffirms 2017 Guidance 46
Section 6 – Appendix 48
Ratio Definitions 48
About GlobalData 52
Contact Us 52
List of Tables
Calpine Corporation, Key Facts 6
Calpine Corporation, Key Employees 7
Calpine Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 9
Calpine Corporation, Major Products and Services 11
Calpine Corporation, History 12
Calpine Corporation, Other Locations 16
Calpine Corporation, Subsidiaries 16
Calpine Corporation, Key Competitors 27
Calpine Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 28
Calpine Corporation, Annual Ratios 29
Calpine Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 30
Calpine Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 31
Calpine Corporation, Interim Ratios 33
Calpine Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2012 to YTD 2018 35
Calpine Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2012 to YTD 2018 36
Calpine Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 37
Currency Codes 48
Capital Market Ratios 48
Equity Ratios 49
Profitability Ratios 49
Cost Ratios 50
Liquidity Ratios 50
Leverage Ratios 51
Efficiency Ratios 51
List of Figures
Protonex Technology Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2012 to YTD 2018 18
Protonex Technology Corporation, Power, Deals by Type, 2012 to YTD 2018 122
Orsted AS (ORSTED) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalDataView Report
The Williams Companies Inc (WMB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiledView Report
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled byView Report
Delivery Details : Electronic files (PDF) of market research reports will dispatched within 12 to 24 hours. (Mon-Fri IST)