Trends and Opportunities in the Indian Packaging Industry: Analysis of changing packaging trends in the food, cosmetics & toiletries, beverages, and other industriesSummary
"Trends and Opportunities in the Indian Packaging Industry", report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Indias packaging market. It includes market overview, growth analysis by pack material and industry, pack material growth analysis by industry and sector, analysis by pack material, and trends, case studies, and future outlook.
The Indian packaging industry, which accounted for 282,149.4 million units in 2017, is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% to reach 369,982.8 million units by 2022. The growth of the Indian packaging industry will be heavily influenced by changing demographics, such as growing urbanization and a rising proportion of middle class consumers in the country. These changes drive the need for new packaging formats, such as light-weight packages, single-serve packs, and environmentally friendly packages. Among the different packaging materials used in the Indian consumer industry, rigid metal is estimated to register the fastest growth with a CAGR of 7.6% during 2017-2022.Scope
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the packaging industry in India, as part of our coverage of the industry across 20 countries. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market overview: provides an overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share, and growth rates during 2012-2022.
- Growth analysis by pack material and industry: provides an overview of the shift in the utilization of various packaging materials across industries during 2017-2022.
- Pack material growth analysis by industry and sector: provides an overview of each packaging material and the industry where it is mostly used.
- Analysis by pack material: provides the growth rates (CAGR during 2017-2022) of different packaging materials within each industry.
- Key packaging materials: includes data and analysis - number of units (millions), volumes (million kg/lit/units), growth rates - for five packaging types: rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass, paper & board, flexible packaging, and others (those not included in any of the five mentioned) during 2017-2022. It also covers:
- Pack sub-type: includes aluminum, aluminum foil/paper/plastic, brick, flexible plastic, gable top, glass, HDPE, metal, paper, paper & board, PET, plastic, ready metal trays, shaped, thin-walled, and others
- Pack type: includes aerosol, jar, can - food, bag/sachet, pouch, tray, tub, carton, film, tin, bottle, box, blister pack, foil, wrapper, clamshell, tube, can - composite, can - drink, other line items, sleeve, can - paint, keg/drum, cup, bag-in-box, specialty cosmetic containers and others
- Closure material: includes metal, natural, plastic, synthetic, and others
- Closure type: includes cap, twist off, prize off, foil, film, screw top, stopper, dispenser, flip/snap top, sports cap, plastic tie, crown, lever closure, and others
- Primary outer material: includes flexible, paper & board, rigid plastic, and others
- Primary outer type: includes box, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap, blister pack, and others
- Trends, case studies, and future outlook: provides an understanding of the ongoing packaging trends in the country - convenience, affordability, multi-packs, eco-friendly, etc.- across the five packaging materials. The report also provides a view of the future prospects of the packaging industry. The case studies in each packaging section give a success example, highlighting the packaging innovations, strategies, and best practices.Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Publisher Name : GlobalData