Cigarettes in the Ivory Coast, 2018
"Cigarettes in the Ivory Coast, 2018", is an analytical country report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
The Ivory Coast has traditionally been one of the most promising markets for cigarette manufacturers and importers. A relatively stable economy, rising income levels, and steady population growth have all helped to boost volumes. Contraband sales, as in many other African nations, are an important feature of the local cigarette market and increased in late 2002 as hostilities intensified. The local market is a mix of dark tobacco cigarettes and English-style, flue-cured Virginia blend cigarettes, but with American blend cigarettes also featuring and gaining share.
- A relatively stable economy, rising income levels, and steady population growth have all helped to boost cigarette consumption volumes.
- Significant investment by SITAB in its local production capacity allowed volumes to expand and sales to grow by almost 18.4% in 2010 to 3,619 million pieces.
- The local market is a mix of dark tobacco cigarettes and English-style, flue-cured Virginia blend cigarettes, but with American blend cigarettes also featuring and gaining share. Economy brands are the most important segment of the market. Increases in internal tax rates were announced in December 2014, and these came into effect at the beginning of 2015. Meeting the requirements of UEMCA was given as a main reason for these further increases in internal taxes.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Publisher Name : GlobalData
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 12
4. Manufacturers & Brands 14
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 18
5.1. Taxation 18
5.2. Retail Prices 19
6. The Smoking Population 21
7. Production & Trade 24
7.1. Production 24
7.2. Imports 26
7.3. Exports 30
8. Operating constraints 33
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 34
8.2. Health Warnings 35
8.3. Government Restrictions 36
9. Company Profiles 37
10. Prospects & Forecasts 38
11. Appendix 40
11.1. What is this report about? 40
11.2. Time Frame 40
11.3. Product Category Coverage 40
11.4. Methodology 41
11.5. About GlobalData 43
11.6. Disclaimer 44
11.7. Contact Us 44
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017, Million Pieces 9
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 11
Table 3: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 12
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2006-2016, % 12
Table 5: Segmentation by Price Sector, 2005 & 2006, % 13
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, Million Pieces 15
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, %, 2000-2017 16
Table 8: Cigarette Prices, Leading Brands, 2003-2010 19
Table 9: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 22
Table 10: Adult Prevalence of Smoking (%), Tobacco and Cigarettes, 2009 23
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016 25
Table 12: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016 27
Table 13: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, Million Pieces 28
Table 14: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, % 29
Table 15: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016 31
Table 16: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005-2015, Million Pieces 32
Table 17: Cigarette Exports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, % 32
Table 18: Socit Ivoirienne des Tabacs (SITAB) SA 37
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027 39
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 41
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 43
There is no reviews available for this report