Cigarettes in Albania, 2018
"Cigarettes in Albania, 2018", is an analytical country report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
Albania is a small country with high proportion of adults which makes it a significant market for cigarettes. Non-duty paid sector dominates sales of cigarettes in Albania with 60% of volume in 2017. The government is trying to support legitimate retailers by clamping down on black market suppliers. It is estimated that the government loses revenues of more than US$120 million per year from cigarette smuggling. International filter cigarettes dominate sales in the recent years.
- High consumption of cigarettes in Albania.
- High pentration of non-duty paid sector compared to the paid sector.
- The government is trying to support legitimate retailers by clamping down on black market suppliers. Checks are made on cigarette traders to ensure cigarettes were legally obtained.
- International filter cigarettes dominate sales in the recent years.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Publisher Name : GlobalData
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 14
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 16
5.1. Taxation 16
5.2. Retail Prices 18
6. The Smoking Population 20
7. Production & Trade 24
7.1. Production 24
7.2. Imports 26
7.3. Exports 30
8. Operating constraints 31
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 32
8.2. Health Warnings 33
8.3. Other Restrictions 34
8.4. Prospects & Forecasts 35
9. Appendix 37
9.1. What is this Report About? 37
9.2. Time Frame 38
9.3. Product Category Coverage 39
9.4. Methodology 40
9.5. About GlobalData 42
9.6. Disclaimer 43
9.7. Contact Us 44
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption Duty Paid v Contraband, 1998-2017, Million Pieces 8
Table 2: Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 10
Table 3: Duty Paid Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 12
Table 4: Planned Changes in Excise Duty, 2015-2017 17
Table 5: Annual Change in Consumer Tobacco Prices, 2000-2016 19
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 21
Table 7: Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2007 & 2009 22
Table 8: Cigarette Production, 1990-2011 24
Table 9: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016 27
Table 10: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Million Pieces 28
Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, % 29
Table 12: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027 35
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 40
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 42
There is no reviews available for this report