"UoW Medical Center Expansion Washington - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "UoW Medical Center Expansion Washington - Project Profile" is part of Timetrics database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
University of Washington (UoW) is undertaking the expansion of a medical center in Washington, the US.
The project involves the expansion of the existing Medical Center. The project is being implemented in two phases.
The first phase includes the construction of a nine-story, healthcare building on a 15,143m2 site, 32-bed adult acute care unit, eight operating rooms, penthouse spaces,929 m2 loading dock, renovations and connections to the existing hospital towers, on-site emergency power infrastructure, chilled water and oxygen system infrastructure, 50-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the expansion of diagnostic imaging center
The second phase includes the construction of 22,668m2 four additional floors for acute care nursing units, the renovation of an existing area, existing emergency department, the upgrade of the entrance of the hospital and the installation of safety and security systems.
NBBJ Architects has been appointed as architect, Magnusson Klemencic Associates as civil engineer and Notkin Engineering as mechanical engineer, Site Workshop as Landscape Architect, Sparling as electrical engineer and Capital Projects Office as project management consultant (PMC).
Skanska USA Building Inc and Mortenson Construction Company have been appointed as EPC contractors for first and second phases of the project respectively.
In October 2012, construction works on the first phase completed.
JC&C has been appointed as Diversity Consultant on the second phase.
Construction works are underway and scheduled to complete by July 2018.
The project involves the expansion of the existing medical center at University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, the US.
The US$407 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a nine-story, healthcare building on a 15,143m2 area
2. Construction of a 32-bed adult acute care unit
3. Construction of eight operating rooms
4. Construction of penthouse spaces
5. Construction of a 929m2 loading dock
6. Construction of mechanical and electrical infrastructure for current and future expansion needs
7. Construction of an on-site emergency power infrastructure
8. Construction of a chilled water and oxygen system infrastructure
9. Construction of a 50-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
10. Construction of 22,668m2 four additional floors for acute care nursing units
11. Construction of shelled space for eight future operating rooms
12. Renovation of existing facilities
13. Renovations and connections to an existing hospital towers
14. Renovation of a portion of an existing emergency department
15. Expansion of diagnostic imaging center
16. Upgrade of an entrance of hospital
17. Installation of safety and security systems
Reasons To Buy
Gain insight into the project.
Monitor the latest project developments.
Identify key project contacts.
Publisher Name : Timetric