Robotics Vol III - Global Thematic ResearchSummary
Until Cloud computing technology was developed, robots were stand-alone, fixed-function pieces of electro-mechanical equipment with capabilities that were limited to the hardware and software on board. But by becoming networked devices constantly connected to the Cloud, robots can now leverage the experience of every other robot of their kind, learning at an accelerating rate. A range of artificial intelligence (AI) technologies is set to make them increasingly sentient, versatile, mobile and autonomous.
The next five years could be the most significant in robot history now that robots are fast evolving parts of the IT industry and the Internet of Things. Consequently, robots may be widely deployed to help meet the mounting structural challenges of the developed world - sagging productivity, ageing populations, swelling healthcare budgets, and even epidemics of depression and neuro-degenerative conditions.
In this report we look into the key players, trends, industry analysis and value chain of robotics.Scope
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Publisher Name : GlobalData