Net Neutrality - Global Thematic ResearchSummary
America is set to change the balance of power between Internet companies like Netflix and Internet service providers (ISPs) like AT&T. On 14 December 2017, the FCC will vote on whether to eliminate net neutrality, the regulatory principle that ISPs should treat all Internet traffic equally. Supporters of net neutrality argue that an open Internet is essential in order to encourage innovation and free speech. Opponents of net neutrality argue that it discourages ISPs from investing in the high-speed broadband networks that the West badly needs if it is to stay ahead in the global data revolution.
The evidence points clearly to net neutrality rules being scrapped on 14 December 2017, because -
- President Trump and the Republican Party are both against regulatory over-reach;
- FCC Chairman, Ajit Pai, a former Verizon lawyer, is vehemently against net neutrality; and
- The US is falling down the world league table of broadband speeds, so it needs to incentivise its ISPs to invest in high speed broadband infrastructure by allowing them to charge all economic parties that benefit from using their pipes at commercial rates.
In this report we look into industry overview, trends, value chain of net neutrality, also identifying winners and losers.Scope
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Publisher Name : GlobalData