China Tech presentation 8 Feb 2017 - Global Thematic ResearchSummary
Chinas government is intent on upgrading its manufacturing sector and leading the world in a range of advanced technologies. Implicit in its Made in China 2025 10-year plan is the notion that China will displace the US as the worlds dominant technological power.
The 10 year plan has specifically targeted high tech industries and given Chinas national champions government backing and funding to develop their tech businesses. Many of Chinas tech leaders - whether Tsinghua Unigroup in chips or Huawei in telecom equipment of BGI in genomics - are heavily government backed.
Many of todays advanced technologies - like AI or genomics - require a lot of data to work well. Chinas population gives it more data than either the US or Europe to speed up its R&D process. Moreover, the sheer number of data scientists that China has at its disposal has grown to an impressive level.
This report researches the state and thrust of Chinese technology over the next two to five years and what it implies for global technology investors.Scope
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Publisher Name : GlobalData