Delivery Saver Schemes in the UK - 2017
"Delivery Saver Schemes in the UK - 2017", report looks at delivery saver schemes offered by food & grocery and non-food retailers in the UK. Delivery saver schemes are increasingly being offered by retailers such as Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Amazon and ASOS as a way to boost loyalty and drive up order frequency. In this report, we look at penetration and profile of food & grocery and non-food delivery saver scheme subscribers as well as penetration and profile of subscribers, by retailer. We also cover the drivers and views of subscribers and non-subscribers and look at how the different food & grocery and non-food delivery schemes compare.
The Delivery saver schemes report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of delivery saver schemes in the UK.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following for food & grocery delivery saver schemes and non-food delivery saver schemes -
- Who subscribes by demographic
- Who subscribes by type of scheme
- Who subscribes by retailer
- How people shop
- Why people shop
- Delivery saver scheme specifications
Food & grocery delivery saver schemes -
- 43.1% of non-subscribers stated that saving money on groceries through discount codes or vouchers would encourage them to sign up for a delivery saver scheme. Grocers should offer exclusive discounts on food & grocery products to attract new subscribers. Discounts would be particularly attractive to non-subscribers considering food & grocery prices are expected to continue rising due to the weak pound.
- Though Tesco has the highest penetration with 32.6% of all food & grocery delivery saver scheme subscribers using the Tesco delivery saver scheme, only 30.5% of Tesco subscribers stated that they shop more since signing up. The grocer should widen the perks it offers, for example offering a complimentary bottle of wine when subscribers spend over a certain limit, to boost spend and order frequency.
Non- food delivery saver schemes -
- Amazon Prime accounts of 82.0% of all non-food delivery saver scheme subscriptions. The e-commerce giant offers free next day delivery on a vast amount of items and same day delivery for selected items in certain postcodes. Aside from the fulfilment benefits, subscribers also have access to extra add-on services, such as Prime Instant Video and Prime Music. Retailers who offer a delivery scheme should also offer extra services to their consumers, for example, early access to seasonal Sales, to further encourage uptake and spending.
- 34.1% of online shoppers aged 25-34 are subscribed to a non-food delivery saver scheme compared to only 9.0% of online shoppers aged 55-64.This is widely driven by fashion retailers, such as ASOS, in which 70.6% of subscribers are within the 15-34 age group.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the overall penetration and profile of subscribers for both food & grocery and non-food delivery saver schemes, by demographic.
- Understand the profile of subscribers for both food & grocery and non-food delivery saver schemes per retailer by demographic, to comprehend which type of consumers competing retailers strongly resonate with.
- Review drivers of subscriptions for both food & grocery and non-food delivery saver schemes for subscribers and non-subscribers, in order to better target consumers and boost shopper conversion levels.
- Review food & grocery and non-food delivery saver scheme specifications per retailer, to gain a greater insight in relation to schemes that are currently offered by competitors.
Publisher Name : GlobalData