MediPoint: Vertebroplasty Devices - South America Analysis and Market ForecastsSummary
Vertebral compression fractures (VCFs) are often characterized by pain and deformity due to the fracture and collapse of one or more vertebral bodies in the spinal column. Primarily caused by osteoporosis and osteopenia-conditions characterized by loss of bone mass and low bone mineral density-the number of diagnosed VCF cases is increasing globally as the population ages and incidences of the aforementioned conditions grow. In general, these fractures are initially treated non-surgically with pharmacological therapies, bracing, and rest. In the event that non-surgical treatment fails to relieve pain, surgical treatment can be implemented.
Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty are minimally invasive, fluoroscopy-guided surgical techniques that utilize acrylic cement injected into the damaged vertebral body to stabilize the fracture. Kyphoplasty is an advanced version of the conventional vertebroplasty procedure, and novel approaches such as this are causing slowed growth or decline of vertebroplasty in many mature markets. However, the exceedingly cheaper vertebroplasty procedure continues to be adopted in emerging countries where cost is a significant factor.
This report focuses on the market outlook for vertebroplasty products in South America (Argentina, Brazil, and Chile). The analysis discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption, and provides an in-depth understanding of the future outlook for this market by segment and geography.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future vertebroplasty market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the South American market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that vertebroplasty manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of vertebroplasty products? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook for vertebroplasty?
- What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the vertebroplasty market?Scope
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by country through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the South American vertebroplasty market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, barriers, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the vertebroplasty market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the vertebroplasty market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in country-specific vertebroplasty markets from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Publisher Name : GlobalData