MediPoint: Artificial Disc Replacement - Global Analysis and Market ForecastsSummary
Growing aging populations worldwide are driving the expansion of specific disease populations, including degenerative spinal diseases and disorders. Spinal pathology management has traditionally centered on decompression, correction of deformity, and stabilization. Spinal fusion is currently considered the gold standard in degenerative disc disease treatment, accomplishing both deformity correction and stabilization. However, sequelae associated with a successful fusion procedure have driven attention towards nonfusion technologies, including artificial disc replacement (ADR), which are expected to challenge the growth of spinal fusion during the forecast period. ADR technologies are marketed for both the cervical and lumbar spine, and share the common goal of replacing the patients disc while often differing in their designs and materials. Compared to lumbar ADR, cervical ADR receives wider popularity at present due to more widely appreciated clinical effectiveness and growing demand for two-level cervical ADR procedures.
This report focuses on the market outlook for ADR devices in the 39 markets across North America (Canada, Mexico, and US), Europe (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and UK), Asia-Pacific (APAC: Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and Taiwan), South America (Argentina, Brazil, and Chile), and the Middle East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates). The analysis discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption and provides an in-depth understanding of physicians perceptions and the future outlook for this market by segment and geography, with an overall emphasis on current and future trends in the 39 countries.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future ADR market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that ADR manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of ADR devices? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook for ADR?
- What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the ADR market?Scope
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by region through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the North American ADR market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, barriers, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the ADR market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the ADR market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in country-specific ADR markets from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Publisher Name : GlobalData
Table of Contents
1 About the Authors 2
2 Table of Contents 3
2.1 List of Tables 6
2.2 List of Figures 6
3 Executive Summary 7
3.1 Overview 7
3.2 Market Dynamics 13
3.3 Key Players in the ADR Market 13
3.4 ADR Market Future Outlook 13
4 Introduction 15
4.1 Catalyst 15
4.2 Related Reports 15
4.3 Upcoming Related Reports 16
5 Market Outlook 17
5.1 Procedure Trends 17
5.2 Pricing Trends 23
5.3 Revenue Trends 28
5.4 Company Share Analysis 31
6 Market Insights 34
6.1 North America 34
6.1.1 Canada 34
6.1.2 Mexico 34
6.1.3 US 34
6.2 Europe 36
6.2.1 Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden 36
6.2.2 Belgium, France, and Netherlands 37
6.2.3 Germany and Switzerland 37
6.2.4 UK and Ireland 37
6.2.5 Italy, Portugal, and Spain 38
6.2.6 Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland 38
6.2.7 Greece, Russia, and Turkey 38
6.3 APAC 39
6.3.1 Australia and New Zealand 39
6.3.2 China and Taiwan 39
6.3.3 India 40
6.3.4 Japan 40
6.3.5 South Korea 40
6.4 South America 41
6.4.1 Brazil 41
6.4.2 Argentina and Chile 42
6.5 Middle East and Africa 42
6.5.1 Israel 42
6.5.2 South Africa 42
6.5.3 Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates 43
7 Competitive Assessment 44
7.1 Overview 44
7.2 DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson) 45
7.2.1 Overview 45
7.2.2 Portfolio Assessment 45
7.2.3 Competitive Positioning 46
7.3 Globus Medical 46
7.3.1 Overview 46
7.3.2 Portfolio Assessment 47
7.3.3 News and Deals Analysis 47
7.3.4 Competitive Positioning 48
7.4 Medtronic 48
7.4.1 Overview 48
7.4.2 Portfolio Assessment 48
7.4.3 News and Deals Analysis 49
7.4.4 Competitive Positioning 49
7.5 Zimmer Biomet 50
7.5.1 Overview 50
7.5.2 Portfolio Assessment 50
7.5.3 News and Deals Analysis 50
7.5.4 Competitive Positioning 51
7.6 Other Players 51
8 Appendix 52
8.1 Bibliography 52
8.2 Abbreviations 52
8.3 Methodology 54
8.3.1 Overview 54
8.3.2 Coverage 54
8.3.3 Secondary Research 54
8.3.4 Forecasting Methodology 55
8.3.5 Primary Research Summary 56
8.4 About MediPoint 57
8.5 About GlobalData 57
8.6 Contact Us 57
8.7 Disclaimer 58
List Of Tables
Table 1: Key Metrics in the Global ADR Market 7
Table 2: North America Artificial Discs Volume Forecast, 2014-2023 17
Table 3: Europe Artificial Discs Volume Forecast, 2014-2023 17
Table 4: APAC Artificial Discs Volume Forecast, 2014-2023 20
Table 5: South America Artificial Discs Volume Forecast, 2014-2023 21
Table 6: Middle East and Africa Artificial Discs Volume Forecast, 2014-2023 22
Table 7: North America Artificial Discs Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023 23
Table 8: Europe Artificial Discs Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023 24
Table 9: APAC Artificial Discs Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023 26
Table 10: South America Artificial Discs Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023 27
Table 11: Middle East and Africa Artificial Discs Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023 27
Table 12: North America Artificial Discs Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023 28
Table 13: Europe Artificial Discs Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023 28
Table 14: APAC Artificial Discs Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023 30
Table 15: South America Artificial Discs Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023 30
Table 16: Middle East and Africa Artificial Discs Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023 31
Table 17: North America Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016 31
Table 18: Europe Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016 32
Table 19: APAC Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016 33
Table 20: South America Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016 33
Table 21: Middle East and Africa Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016 33
Table 22: DePuy Synthes - Key Marketed Products Assessment 45
Table 23: Globus Medical - Key Marketed Products Assessment 47
Table 24: Medtronic - Key Marketed Products Assessment 48
Table 25: Zimmer Biomet - Key Marketed Products Assessment 50
Table 26: Summary of Other Players in the ADR Market, 2017 51
List Of Figures
Figure 1: ADR Sales for North America, by Country, 2016 and 2023 8
Figure 2: ADR Sales for Europe, by Country, 2016 and 2023 9
Figure 3: ADR Sales for APAC, by Country, 2016 and 2023 10
Figure 4: ADR Sales for South America, by Country, 2016 and 2023 11
Figure 5: ADR Sales for the Middle East and Africa, by Country, 2016 and 2023 12
There is no reviews available for this report