Thailand - The Future of Foodservice to 2020
"Thailand - The Future of Foodservice to 2020", published by GlobalData provides extensive insight and analysis of the Thai Foodservice market over the next five years (2015-2020) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers.
The Thai Foodservice market grew at a CAGR of 2.3% from 2013-2015, expected to expand to a CAGR of 3.3% until 2020. QSR and FSR channels make up the most of transactions, partially influenced by the large number of street stalls and markets making up the countrys famous street food scene. Western style chains dominate in chained QSR and coffee and tea shops, with local players such as Cafe Amazon or Black Canyon Coffee adopting the style. It is expected that the market will see the growth of Thai influences and large Thai players in these channels. It is also expected that these chains will benefit from the growing trend towards on-the-go convenience and take-out. FSR displayed continued fragmentation and a continued focus on authenticity and tradition. Operators will benefit from gaining a thorough understanding of these consumer trends.
The report includes -
- Overview of the Thai macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on the Thai foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) within the Thai foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: indentify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Thai population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the four major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
- Case Studies: Learn from examples of recent successes and failures within the Thai foodservice market.
- Consumers are displaying an increased interest in take-out and convenience on-the-go foods, which is driving increased traffic to the QSR and growing coffee & tea channel.
- Western style outlets dominate the chained parts of these channels, although QSR has a large number of local street stalls and vendors. Consumers in these channels report wanting more Thai food, which is expected to grow in popularity as local players grow in size and gain traction.
- With increased regulation being imposed on street food, it is expected that growth in chained QSR will experience a boost, filling the demand, with mobile operators also benefitting.
Reasons to buy
- Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over the next five years (2015-2020) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
- Relevant case studies will allow readers to learn from and apply lessons discovered by emerging and major players within the Thai foodservice market.
Publisher Name : GlobalData