Success Case Study: Everyday Yakult Probiotic Dairy Drink - Open-mindedness pays off for an established brand
"Success Case Study: Everyday Yakult Probiotic Dairy Drink", is part of GlobalDatas Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of a latest Yakult drink launched in Japan. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products as well as avoid the risk.
Generally, food and drink products that are good for digestion and gut health are appealing to Japanese consumers; 66% of them find these products very or somewhat appealing. However, the main users of Yakult drinks are over 60, and the brand has been looking to expand its customer range. Therefore, the brand needed to develop a new product that appeals to young consumers.
- Everyday Yakult Probiotic Dairy Drink features multiple new attributes, such as a high-vitamin and zero-fat formulation, a new pack design, and selective distribution in convenience stores only.
- Everyday Yakult meets its target audiences various needs, and choosing a convenience store chain as the distribution channel is a bold decision.
- Adopting a new package design that breaks with the brands history has paid off by making the product eye-catching.
- Established brands can gain traction with a new audience by being open-minded during new product development.
Reasons to buy
- Use GlobalDatas selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Publisher Name : GlobalData