Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey H1 2017Summary
GlobalDatas "Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey H1 2017", report examines executives opinion on business outlook and procurement activities over Jun 2017-Nov 2017. It also highlights key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, including procurement activities, and organizations perspective on e-procurement. In addition, this report presents the future projection of merger and acquisition activities within the packaging industry over the next six months.
Over the next six months, packaging companies are looking to expand their business operations in the existing markets to reap benefits such as diversification, economies of scale, and easy availability of finance, due to which expansion in the current markets and new product development are expected to become major priorities in H1 2017 (Jun 2017-Nov 2017). Packaging industry executives are confident about emerging markets such as China and India, and developed markets, namely the US and Germany, contributing significant growth towards the packaging industry during H1 2017. Although the highest percentage of global packaging industry executives projects an increase in merger and acquisition activity over the next six months, they intend to increase capital expenditure on new product development and IT infrastructure development. Procurement activities will increase on IT services and raw material purchases amid the expectation of a surge in supplier prices over the next six months.
What else does this report offer?
- Key business priorities: examines packaging organizations important priorities for Jun 2017-Nov 2017
- Emerging and developed markets: provides information about key emerging and developed markets, which will offer the most growth over H1 2017
- Change in M&A activity: analyzes packaging industry executives opinion on changes in merger and acquisition activity globally
- Business concerns: identifies major business concerns that are likely to impact manufacturers and suppliers
- Change in capital expenditure: tracks the expected change in capital expenditure both globally and regionally
- Change in procurement activities: evaluates how procurement activities will change in the packaging industry over the next six months
- Procurement budget outlook: projects procurement budget allocation along with changes in procurement objectives over Jun 2017-Nov 2017
- Supplier prices outlook: determines the expected change in supplier prices over Jun 2017-Nov 2017
- E-procurement: identifies executives perspective towards e-procurement implementation and deployment within the global packaging industryScope
- Expansion in current markets and new product development are major priorities for packaging organizations during the next six months (Jun 2017-Nov 2017)
- The US and Germany are highlighted as prominent growth offering developed markets in H1 2017
- China and India are highlighted as prominent growth offering developing markets in H1 2017
- Survey respondents expect an increase in procurement activities on IT services and raw material purchases in the coming six months
- Overall, 18% of industry executives state limited deployment of e-procurement within their organizationsReasons to buy
- Packaging companies can realign business strategies by knowing the business priorities indicated in the report.
- Organizations can develop or adjust business expansion plans by knowing the significant growth offering emerging and developed markets highlighted in the report.
- Helps packaging organizations to adjust their procurement budget by providing information about procurement budget projections anticipated by executives for Jun 2017-Nov 2017
- Organizations can implement effective price management by viewing supplier price variations highlighted for H1 2017.
Publisher Name : GlobalData