Global Executives Survey: Impact of Seasonality in FMCG industrySummary
GlobalDatas "Global Executives Survey: Impact of Seasonality in FMCG industry", examines the impact of seasonal availability of ingredients on manufacturers production costs, significance of discounting, advertising and marketing activity, and identifies profitable retail channels for best-selling seasonal goods.
Seasonality of products is primarily influenced by assortment, prices, and promotional activities. The survey results reveal that more than half of companies do not adjust their assortment based on a season. This is creating a business Scope
for seasonality in order to grow sales. Globally, Q2 is considered the heaviest time for advertising and marketing activities. The majority of suppliers possess the same or comparatively less ability to provide ingredients year around, creating opportunities for new suppliers to initiate business. Furthermore, new flavors of existing products for recurring events have the potential to offer the highest return on investment for FMCG manufacturers and suppliers.
What else does this report offer?
- Significance and impact of seasonality: Identifies the impact of seasonality on the product range, costs, sales, discounting, marketing and advertising activity, and product launch
- Impact on supply chain: Recognizes the ability of supply chain partners to supply ingredients annually
- Price fluctuations: Highlights the best strategies to counteract ingredient price fluctuations across the year
- Profitable retail channels: Categorizes the most profitable retail channels when it comes to best-selling seasonal goods
- Types of seasonal products and events: Classifies different types of seasonal goods and seasonal events that offer the highest return on investment.Scope
- Most of the companies prefer Q2 as the heaviest time to invest on advertising and marketing activities
- Globally, Q1 and Q3 are considered the crucial time frames for seasonal product launch activity
- Engaging in forward price agreements with suppliers is considered the primary option to deal with ingredient price fluctuations
- Globally, hypermarkets and supermarkets are identified as the most profitable retail channels for selling seasonal goods
- Christmas, New Year, and Easter are the major events targeted by companies when focusing on future new product development or marketing activityReasons to buy
- Organizations can actively plan for the next seasonal promotion by analyzing the significance of seasonality trends and their performance
- As holiday periods are extremely competitive times of the year, organizations can streamline their product portfolio by understanding seasonal products that offer the highest ROI
- Helps organizations to allocate funds towards seasonal events that have the highest ROI
- Organizations can improve their promotional abilities and develop their seasonal brand awareness by knowing the best period (by quarter) for advertising and marketing activity.
Publisher Name : GlobalData